I’m honored to be your city councilor.
- Environmental Justice Fund Committee, The Denver Foundation (2020-2021)
- Equity Framework Committee, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (2020-2021)
- Secretary, Women’s Lobby of Colorado (2016-2018)
- Jefferson County Community Organizer, Protégete (2015-2017)
- Community Steering Committee, Sprout’s City Farms (2015)
- Jefferson County Latino Democrats Initiative
My family taught me that we all have something to give to our communities. In the small town of Alamosa, CO, I saw the tremendous impact that can happen when we work together.
For almost ten years, I’ve worked as an organizer, environmental advocate, and spoke up for my community as a local activist. I’ve successfully advocated for issues like waste management and recycling services, sustainable transportation, land-use policy, environmental justice, and democratic access.
The coronavirus pandemic illuminated the urgent needs — and opportunities —facing us. I realized, informed by my experience as a community builder and policy expert, that I’m ready to lead as city councilor.
As we work to rise above the impacts of the pandemic, we must make sure that entrepreneurs, creatives, and residents can build back better, together. Our diversity is our greatest strength, and is essential to creating a community that truly works for all residents.
As your city councilor, I promise to craft policies that are informed by the needs of real people. My priority is to lead Lakewood towards a more sustainable, affordable, and inclusive future.
Stay up to date with Sophia and learn about opportunities to get involved.
Paid for by Sophia for Colorado.